Imbal Carton, in collaboration with the German multinational company Progroup AG, which produces recycled paper from corrugation, corrugated cardboard and electrical energy, implemented in 2018 - after one year of gestation - a vertical integration project in order to produce high-performance packages 100% made of recycled paper.
For the first time in Italy, a pure box factory like Imbal Carton has joined forces with a pure paper and corrugated cardboard manufacturer, leader in Europe in terms of productivity and Research & Development.
The partner that was chosen, from a short list of candidates, was a Company that was led by a family (and not by an investment trust), that was not involved downstream on the packaging market (in order to wish away even indirect competition) and that would strongly state the same corporate and entrepreneurial values.
On 5th March 2018, Progroup Board (a division of Progroup AG) therefore sent a BHS 2.8 Corrugator to our production plant in Drizzona (CR), thus giving life to an innovative industrial partnership.
Imbal Carton was therefore incorporated upstream with the corrugator line of Progroup Board, which was connected to our box-making machine by means of motor-drive roller tables.
This model, which is called ‘Packaging Park Model II’ by Progroup, enables us to maximise synergies and to create products that innovatively respond to the market needs.
The advantages resulting from the partnership with Progroup Board
- Increase in the performance of boxes (in terms of BCT);
- Increase in quality standards (in terms of ECT), with equal grams;
- Reduction of the taxable base for the Comieco (Italian National Consortium for the Recovery and Recycling of Cellulose-based Packaging) ‘tax’;
- Reduction of CO2 emissions by 20%;
- Improvement of corrugated cardboard printability;
- Increase in productivity;
- Optimisation of transport volumes and reduction of delivery times.
Do you want more infos?
Do you want more information?
We are at your complete disposal to answer any question about our products and services.